Unfolding the Blade
1. Take the three-loop blade coil in your right hand.
2. Find the loop that creates a figure eight, and pull down with your left hand.
3. The two top loops will form a cross. Whichever blade loop is on top, hold with your right hand. Hold the other loop with your left hand.
4. Hold the blade out and away from you. Slowly move your hands apart while rotating your forearms down and outward.
5. Your blade is successfully unfolded.
Folding the Blade
1. Raise the blade with teeth pointed toward you. Slightly squeeze the blade inward.
2. Keep your arms locked, swinging the top of the blade down so it bends under.
3. On the downward bend, bring your hands together crossing over each other.
4. The blade will form three loops. Lift the bottom blade upward with your left hand to catch all three loops in one coil.
5. Your sawmill band blade is successfully folded. Remember to secure the folded blade with a wire tie to ensure it won’t uncoil during storage or moving.